Friday, October 6, 2017

Assault on Birth Control

The New York Times editorial piece on Trump's "assault on birth control" was an informative piece. I appreciated the information the author provided from both viewpoints of the argument. I believe the article was filled with passion and seemed to be informative. The author used many references to different times that birth control helped women not get pregnant. I also enjoyed the applause that the Obama administration received. The part I found most interesting was the focus on Hobby Lobby. This case brought by the company, Hobby Lobby, was on a religious basis to deny birth control. I think the author focused a little too much on this but it was relevant information and specific to the overall case made for birth control. I also thought the tie in to Trump's attack on the Affordable Care Act as a whole was brought in at the end making a poignant statement of attack towards the whole system. Overall the article was good, informative, and well thought out. The article brought many statistics and talked about how birth control has been helpful to the system thus far. I think this is an important issue to focus on and needs to be addressed more often.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tax Reform